Spending time doing what you enjoy and have passion for is so important in business. Self-employment can often feel like a lot of admin so I wanted to share my top 5 FREE business tools. These are business tools that save me time, make those annoying tasks a little easier and help me to focus on the things that I enjoy doing (like creating beautiful brands like these) and are going to help grow my business in the right direction.
1. Later: I’ve had quite a few people ask me how I approach my Instagram and for me Later.com has taken the stress out of ‘instagramming’ and also allowed me to post more thought-out, purposeful posts. You can save different #hashtag groups to use to grow your audience, you can drag around your images so your feed looks beautiful and you can schedule to automatically post.
I recommend spending a couple of hours every few weeks to sit down and plan out your posts and then you can relax! It can be a good idea to have a social media style guide in place or photography bank of images so you can spend more time creating meaningful captions. I often help brands with their initial social media styling so they can then go on and use Later to plan a beautiful feed.
(I can help you with this if you are struggling with your social feed, find out about my Social Media Packages here)
2. Plan. I’ve tried having a bullet journal and quite a few project management tools but for me ‘Plan’ is really simple to use. If you are like me and your ‘to-do’ list is ever-changing then Plan is perfect as you can drag tasks around, schedule them in and also have different lists. I have a TODAY/THIS WEEK/LONG TERM list and move tasks around depending on how productive I am being. I also have a separate list for blog ideas and business ideas that I can look at when I have a spare hour and am working on my longer-term goals.
USE BUSINESS TOOLS TO EMPOWER YOUR WORKING DAY.
3. Calendly. You can set up Calendly to sync with your calendar and choose slots and options for people to schedule in calls or meetings with you. It automatically switches timezones for your clients abroad and you can limit the number of appointments daily. This saves so much ‘to and fro’ on email trying to work out a good time for a meeting! I also have a link on my website so people can immediately book in a Free chat without having to email. I’m all about keeping things as simple as possible and Calendly is perfect for this!
4. IFTTT: The ultimate automation tool! I use IFTTT to automatically post my Instagram posts to Facebook and Pinterest as I’m not too big on Facebook. This is a great tool to cover all the social media networks without having to dedicate extra time to the ones you don’t love using!
5. Insight Timer: I’m a big believer in running a ‘Conscious Business’ and how growing as a person helps to grow your business. When I’m feeling a little frazzled, un-motivated and overwhelmed then there are so many free guided meditations I can turn to that take as little as 10 minutes to complete. Then I can get back to a good mindset and feel much more centred. Extra things like meditation and yoga really inform my business and you can read about the power of developing intuition in business here:
SPEND MORE TIME CREATING AND LESS TIME ON ADMIN WITH SELF-EMPLOYMENT BUSINESS TOOLS.
Keep me posted if you do try out any of these tools and find them beneficial and feel free to share with anyone via the links below…
Until next time,
Hello! I’m Charlotte the founder of Creative Wilderness. I love to collaborate with forward thinking brands. I’ve had over 10 years in the design industry working at big agencies on brands including Wilkinson Sword, Peroni, Kozel, Energizer, McCann, The Hut Group, Pilsner, Aldi, Cambridge University, Harbour Hotels and many many more.
Before jumping into design I dreamed of being a Rock star and studied music at Paul McCartneys music school ‘The Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts’. I spent a few years as a pro musician where I toured, played festivals, recorded albums and also a music video. I still love playing sax and bass in bands and music and design make me feel alive and inspired!
3 things that keep me motivated are yoga or runs every morning, matcha tea and 6music!
Contact me to find out about working with me or if you have any questions.
I donate a percentage of my profits to The City Of Trees, who are transforming underused, unloved woodland in Greater Manchester